Expert Walking Tour "The Bund behind the scenes" - Join in
Duration: 180 Minutes (approx.)
The Bund is a "Must-see" of Shanghai and the majority of the visitors or expats only scratch the surface of this architectural gem... With our experts to lead the way, you will stroll on the former Shanghai International Settlement area for an unforgettable experience. We will tell you the origins of the foreign influences in Shanghai, explore dozens of historical buildings that you do not know at all. For example, you will learn that magnificent commercial buildings in the Beaux Arts style sprung up at the beginning of the 20th Century, just as the Bund developed into a major financial center of Asia. It is an incredible journey transporting you to places and times you do not know that well and where we reveal architectural gems just for you! And as a bonus, if time allows, we may even have a chance to bring you to take a look at our favourite hidden lanes of the Old Town, some typical architecture that is disappearing quickly and which has a lot of stories to tell...
At the end of your experience with our Historian, our Photographer, our Story-teller, we will ensure that you leave with more anecdotes and knowledge than you ever thought Shanghai could contain!
- This is a join-in group, with up to 10 participants maximum
- English-speaking (for other languages, please contact us)
- About 5-7 km walk only, accessible for all
- From 9:30 am to 12:30 (about 3hours duration)
- Departure at the Suzhou Creek (North Bund area)
- There is no age limitation
- Prices are all inclusive (an Expert Tour Leader, a map of Shanghai & a bottle of water)